Sunday 3 April 2011

Lucy: David La Chapelle.

I remember this image coming across in a lecture and people having mixed thoughts on what it was portraying. I would say this is a pretty good example of controversial photography.

This image of Amanda Lapore has made me wonder if David La Chapelle produced any other photographs which are in the same league of controversy as this?

Although I dislike this image, I think it is a perfect example of what should be classed as controversial. It is very sexual, almost too sexual for it's own good. I personally feel it shows Amanda Lapore in a negative light. From the considered positioning and slicing of the melon and the confidence shown in her pose, I get the impression that she does not particularly care about the fact she is baring all to the world. I also feel that the lack of self-respect makes me, as a woman, feel uncomfortable and therefore, could cause men to make general judgement that women all behave in this manner- which obviously they do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment